May, 2018 ~ DEF in the News
At the April 2nd School Committee Meeting, the Duxbury Education Foundation proudly presented a check for more than $50,000 to the Duxbury Public Schools to fund eleven (11) grant requests for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Highlights of this year’s grants include:
· A horizontal climbing wall in the Alden gym
· Two raised garden beds for a community garden to be installed at DMS
· Ten student kits of Google Expeditions, a virtual reality teaching tool to be used in a social studies classroom at DMS
· Investing in the building and operation of 3-4 personal food computers (PFC) designed to grow a variety of foods in a controlled environment. PFC's will be used in a variety of biology classes at DHS
· A guided reading library at Chandler School to support the new balanced literacy curriculum initiative.
· A one-year pilot program at Alden School to teach kids digital literacy and keyboarding skills.
· …and so much more!
A great big thank you to the Duxbury community and to the school administrators for all your ongoing support. A detailed list of all the grants funded by DEF will be available soon on our website at www.duxburyeducationfoundation.org